Shop our ProductsShop NOW
Head of People
Tiny Rebel HQ and Tiny Rebel Bars - Happy to talk about flexible working
Please apply via Indeed.com - click here for Indeed
Job Title: Head of People - Full time
Location: Tiny Rebel HQ and Tiny Rebel Bars - Happy to talk about flexible working
Reports to: CEO
Responsible for: Recruiting, developing, motivating, retaining and compliance.
About Tiny Rebel
We’ve really got to think hard to try and remember the fine details of how it all started. Not because we’re getting old but because so much has happened between having the idea to start Tiny Rebel in 2010, to launching Tiny Rebel in 2012 and all the way through to the present day.
Our friends and family thought that Gazz and I were mad spending nearly every Saturday and Sunday for almost 2 years homebrewing in a garage in Newport. It was a massive social sacrifice but the buzz we got from doing it far outweighed any negatives. It always puts a smile on our faces knowing that Cwtch, the beer that won Champion beer of Britain back in 2015, was designed and created on our 50 litre homebrew kit in a garage.
From day one, Tiny Rebel has always been about people, community and beer - and that will never change.
Working with our senior management team you will own all human resources related activities. Identify, develop and implement innovative HR projects in order to improve employee engagement, organisational performance and support business strategic goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Give all employees the best Tiny Rebel experience by creating and delivering on-boarding, supporting the employee journey from pre-employment through to exiting.
- Support the management team with all recruitment activity ensuring compliance with current legislation and practices relating to talent management.
- Build and maintain relationships with local education centres and support local initiatives for work experience, internships and work trials.
- Create talent management and succession planning processes to develop within and fill vacancies internally.
Development, Motivating & Retaining
- Develop and sustain a learning culture. This will include identifying development needs, ensuring personal development plans are in place, success reviews, departmental and individual training records are in place etc.
- Support the management team with the development of their teams including delivery and maintenance of service training programmes.
- Implementation of learning in the flow, coaching and mentoring approaches.
- Create, implement and manage a KPI process, creating KPIs with support from line managers for all managers.
- Create and drive an employee engagement strategy utilising employee survey results.
- Engage and build relationships with all Tiny Rebel staff
- Continue to improve the welfare of all our Tiny Rebel staff
- Comply with the company codes of conduct
- Be familiar with the company policies and procedures plus employee handbook and lead by example in demonstrating behaviours that are expected of all employees.
- Implement all ER policies in accordance with the ACAS code of practice, ensuring the relevant managers are trained in their application.
- Support and advise the management team in all employee relations matters.
- Provide useful data to help guide decision making, and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
- Provide detailed HR reports to senior management teams
Educated to a secondary school level with GCSE (grade C or above) or equivalent in English and Mathematics
Must hold minimum of 2 A-levels or equivalent grades C or above
CIPD Level 3
Ability write reports, conduct meetings, and deliver presentations to the team, clients, and senior management
Experience in the use of a people system
An excellent understanding in hospitality/retail or similar
3 years in similar role in a hospitality/leisure/retail environment
Experience of main principles of employment law
Ability write reports, conduct meetings and deliver presentations to the team, clients and senior management
Must promote a positive working environment to staff, guests, customers and other departmental areas
Demonstrates a passion for brands
Educated to degree level in hospitality, a business-related degree or similar
CIPD Level 5
5 years experience in leading a HR/People function
Have shown steady progression through career to date with demonstrated success achieved within their previous roles
Salary: From £40,000.00 per year
Bike to work scheme
Free or subsidised travel
Private medical insurance
Work from home